United Wambo VPA Community Committee
United Collieries Pty Ltd is the manager of the United Wambo Joint Venture (Developer) and is the proponent of the United Wambo Open Cut Coal Mine Project. As part of the project development consent (SSD 7142), condition A18 of the development consent requires the Developer to enter into a Planning Agreement with Singleton Council to provide development contributions in accordance with Division 7.1 of Part 7 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979.
Date of Variation: 16 December 2020
The United Wambo Voluntary Planning Agreement (VPA) Community Committee (the Committee) is a sunset Committee to assist Singleton Council in engaging with the community to implement the United Wambo VPA.
The Committee will comprise of two (2) Singleton Council staff members, one (1) of whom will be the General Manager or delegate, one (1) Singleton Council Councillor (who will chair the committee), one (1) United Wambo representative; and up to five (5) community members and one alternate community member from the areas of Jerrys Plains and Warkworth
The Committee’s functions are to:
- Recommend to Council a set of principles for the prioritisation of projects which would build sustainable and enhance the quality of life within the community.
- Consult within the community to ascertain the needs and opportunities as they relate to sustainable community projects to be considered for funding from the VPAs infrastructure percentage of the deposit.
- Utilising the adopted agreed principles and after appropriate consultation with the community develop a prioritised list of projects.
- Recommend to Council an agreed program of prioritised projects.
- Provide an annual report to Council on the deployment of Councils adopted program of prioritised projects.
The community representatives will be appointed based on the following selection criteria:
- Demonstrated skills and experience of working with local committees and value adding to decision making;
- Demonstrated skills and experience in processes relating to conflict resolution and prioritisation;
- Well-developed communication and relationship building skills; and
- Proof of residential address in the Jerrys Plains, Warkworth area
Expressions of Interest for the vacant positions of five (5) community members should address the selection criteria and complete the United Wambo VPA Community Committee Nomination form and be address to the General Manager, Singleton Council, PO Box 314 Singleton NSW 2330 or via email to email@example.com by close of business Sunday 28 February 2021.
For more information, contact Myffy Doyle, Council’s Project Officer – Voluntary Planning Agreement on 02 65787290