Why Work With Us
At Singleton Council, we are a dynamic, multi-skilled, diverse group of people who share the same passion — to deliver outstanding services and outcomes for our community. We value difference and the creativity it generates towards our productive workforce.
Together, we exist to make a difference for our community. To make smart, sustainable decisions, and to go above and beyond so that our community continues to be loved locally and recognised nationally. If you are looking for a challenging and strategically-focused career which delivers tangible results for the community, all whilst working in a flexible, contemporary environment, join us on our journey to be the best council in Australia.
WHY JOIN US?
- Make a difference: Few careers give you the opportunity to change the world around you. However big or small, every decision you make will impact your community.
- Be community-first: You’ll create or support important outcomes and will be fulfilled by the impact you have on everyday lives.
- Diversity and inclusion: As a workforce serving the community, we welcome culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people with special needs, indigenous Australians and workers of all ages and sexual orientations. Creating a working environment where everyone can thrive regardless of age, race, gender, or sexuality is critical to providing the best service to the diverse community in which we operate.
- Work/life balance: People enjoy their jobs more when their needs at work and at home fit together. With flexible policies and benefits, our aim is to make every staff member as productive as possible.
- Developing capabilities: The type of support offered at Council includes financial assistance for the successful completion of university and vocational educations and training qualifications, coaching and mentoring, exam and study leave for approved courses of study, training for licences and tickets required to perform certain outdoor jobs, management and leadership programs, other technical and "soft skills" training courses required for developing staff and improving performance. Our employees are the heart of everything we do and providing an effective, tailored learning and development means we're able to help you grow both personally and professionally. Whether you're a graduate or an experienced worker, having opportunities to grow is essential to not only your success, but the success of the Council.
- Join a supportive, family-friendly organisation: Commit to our journey to achieve the best outcomes for our community and we will support you to find the right balance between work and life.
- Opportunity to progress: Our emphasis on training and development means you will always have opportunity to build your skills and explore different pathways either between departments or upwards to more senior roles.
- Challenge and be challenged: Local Government is constantly changing as we respond to the needs of our communities. We want to hear your ideas on ways we can improve the services we provide.
- Diverse thinking: Not only do we embrace equal opportunity in our policies and practices, but you’ll meet talented people from all walks of life, happy to help with advice and experience.
As well as providing diverse and exciting work where you will make a real difference, a career at Singleton Council brings a variety of benefits and support for a healthy work/life balance.
- Range of leave entitlements including annual leave, time in lieu, rostered days off, sick leave, domestic violence leave, leave without pay, paid parental leave, family/carer leave, long-service leave after five years
- Flexible working arrangement including flexible hours, working from home, and condensed working hours
- Corporate wellness program, including access to health and wellbeing leave, mentally healthy workplace and Fitness Passport
- Breast-feeding friendly workplace
- Job-share or part-time arrangements
- Award-winning health and wellbeing program (2020 Australian HR Excellence Award - Best Health and Wellbeing Program)
- Learning and development, including training programs, study assistance and reward + recognition programs
- Competitive salary
- Employee assistance programs
- Vaccination and health checks