The Singleton LGA has established regional cycle routes that vary in distance and appeal to cater for a variety of cyclists. These routes are centred on Singleton and utilise the existing road shoulder and/or cycle lane facility where provided.
Singleton Council is continually improving these linkages as part of our updated Singleton Bike Plan. You can view this plan to see where the future linkages will be.
The existing cycle routes and their distance are defined below:
- Natures Paradise Ride - 103 kilometres (km)
- Singleton Country Ride - 35 km
- Good Food, Good Wine Ride - 68 km
- Stoney Creek Road Ride - 46 km
- Roughit Lane Ride - 31 km
- Army Camp Ride - 23 km
You can target a favourite area in the region and discover cellar doors, galleries and eateries that are off the beaten track or test out the region’s new 10-kilometre cycleway along Hermitage Road. There are more than a dozen cellar doors to visit along the scenic vine-fringed path which stretches from the New England Highway to Broke Road. The cycle path passes an art gallery, antique shops and even a spa. If you're worried about buying too much wine and trying to balance it while you cycle, never fear, all purchases can be delivered to your accommodation or back to your bike hire venue.
Completed in 2017, it has an information bay just south of Old North Road with a regional map, tourist information and picnic tables.
There are several bicycle hire companies in the area, from electric to fat tyre. Convenient pick up points include Sutton Estate Electric Bike Hire, Hunter Valley Resort, Oaks Cypress Lakes Resort, Crowne Plaza Resort and Grapemobile Bike Hire. Saddle up and sip Semillon… sounds sensational.
MOUNTAIN BIKE TRAILS
- Maison Dieu: Located on Maison Dieu Road approximately 2.5 km from New England Highway intersection. Trail is located in a travelling stock reserve (TSR) and managed by the Hunter Mountain Bike Association (HMBA).
- Pioneer Road/ Wattle Ponds Fire Trail: Located on Pioneer Road 3.7 km from Bridgman Road. Fire trail is crown land with access currently provided for pedestrians and cyclists but not permitted for vehicles.
- Fern Gully Road: Located on Fern Gully Road opposite the Singleton Waste Depot.