Emergency Works and Unplanned Supply Interruptions
EMERGENCY REPAIR WORKS
For emergency repairs and service faults, Council will, where possible:
- Respond to service faults within quoted timeframes.
- Maintain a listing of Extremely Critical Water Supply Customers and immediately notify outage/provide regular updates on progress of repairs (see table below).
- Attempt to contact all affected properties for isolated supply disruptions and/or use social media, website or other means to reasonably inform customers.
- Try to limit water interruptions to a minimum.
- Consider providing alternative water supplies through temporary connections and/or emergency bottled drinking water for outages predicted to be greater than 6 hours.
- Provide water from hydrants in urban areas for fire-fighting where possible.
EMERGENCY REPAIR WORKS AND UNPLANNED INTERRUPTIONS
Council would like to notify you of the following unplanned interruptions to the water supply. This page will be updated as required between 9am and 4pm weekdays. For further information regarding interruptions to water supply, please contact us on T 6578 7290
Date and Time
|22/09/2020 at 10:05PM||Rawcliffe Street to Bathurst Street Laneway||Water main break; estimated time for disruption unknown; repairs underway|
|22/09/2020 at 10:05PM||Edinburgh Avenue and Sturt Avenue Intersection||Water main break; estimated time for disruption unknown; repairs underway|
|23/09/2020 at 2:49AM||Kennedy Street between Boonal and Carrol Streets||Water main break; estimated time for disruption unknown; repairs underway|
|23/09/2020 at 5:43AM||Kelso Street and Loder Avenue||Water main break; estimated time for disruption unknown; repairs underway|
Regular updates and status of main breaks and repairs are being posted on Facebook. Please check Council's Facebook Page for details.
Council currently has four crews attending the current water main breaks. Bottled water is currently being delivered to areas experiencing water supply interruptions.
If there is unplanned interruption to your services, Council will use all reasonable endeavours to keep any inconvenience to you minimised by restoring the services as quickly as possible.
Council will also make every effort to provide advice on the unplanned interruption via social media and Council’s website, particularly where the interruption affects a large area. Our commitment in the event of unplanned interruptions and emergency works is outlined in the table below.
COMMERCIAL AND INDUSTRIAL CUSTOMERS
CRITICAL WATER SUPPLY CUSTOMERS
While every endeavour is made to provide accurate and current information on this page, Council’s Customer Service Centre will be able to provide updated information in relation to any unplanned interruption, as well as estimated times for restoration.